From the Cape to the Berkshires, from the South Shore to the North Shore, from greater Boston to Central Mass to the Pioneer Valley – Bigger Brighter Beginnings are coming to GCVS to start off the 2018-19 school year! We are excited to meet everyone face-to-face!
Starting next week, Caregivers and Learning Coaches will begin receiving emails about our Bigger, Brighter Beginnings Extravanganza! These count as the first days of school for students and some time for Learning Coaches to get up to speed with what’s new at GCVS. These are required attendance days and will count as part of the total 180 days required for students. These will be face-to-face, so everyone can get off to a strong start. So you can begin your planning, here are some details:
- We will be doing these sessions in 14 different locations across the state over 2 days to make travel as convenient as we can for families.
- The dates are Tuesday, August 28 and Wednesday, August 29. Students will only be required to attend one of these two days. Which one will depend on your geographic location.
- The overall timeframe for these events is 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Bring your computers fully charged – there will be opportunities for you to “test drive” our new tools and get up to speed on any changes as you move on to a new grade level.
- Opportunities to connect with fellow students and Learning Coaches who live in your area will be provided so you have a network of support for the upcoming year.
- You will meet all of our staff either onsite or virtually as we simulcast the first part of the day!
- Every student who attends will receive a free GCVS backpack with some useful information inside!
There will not be any online classes during these two days, as all our staff will be out at the various sites to say hello and guide you on your way! The first day of online classes and lessons will be Thursday, August 30th.
Will school supplies be handed out as well or will they be mailed to students?
good afternoon . i have not recieved any information thus far this school year . my daughter is kaitlyn cabral dob 8/26/05 this will be her 3rd year attending your program . i want to be sure you have my email . i did not receive this info a friend mentioned it to me .
Emails will be going out in the next couple of days with all the specifics about dates, times, and places. Stay tuned!
School supplies will be mailed out to students. You should see them soon!
this isn’t a question regarding the following topic but im going into high school this upcoming year, will there be live classes everyday like middle school?
There will be live classes every day, just like middle school. How many you have will depend on the courses you choose. Good question!
I just wanted to check and be sure this is still going on in Springfield tomorrow? Thank you!
Yes. All our sessions are on as they are in air-conditioned spaces.