Congratulations on your decision to enroll your child in one of the best school-from-home programs in Massachusetts. This page will provide everything you need to register and get started, but if you have any questions, please schedule a time to speak to our enrollment specialist.
Welcome to GCVS! We’re happy to have you here and look forward to meeting you.
Virtual Open House
Please join us for our virtual open house. We hold them via Zoom monthly, in February through May, for the upcoming school year. During this open house, you’ll learn more about GCVS and what makes it an excellent alternative educational opportunity.
Please register here to attend the live virtual open house.
The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education places enrollment caps on virtual public schools, so there may be a waiting list for enrollment. But don’t let this discourage you from applying; we often have space.
You’re welcome to take a look at the Cap Towns* for the 2022–2023 and 2023–2024 school years.
When we receive more applications than the number of available spots, we conduct a random-number lottery, prioritizing the students with enrollment preferences. We publish the lottery results on this website and notify selected families via email.
We place selected families on a waitlist. If spots become available throughout the school year, we will offer placement to those families based on the assigned lottery number.
|Lottery #||Application Deadline||Lottery Date|
|14||July 28, 2023||August 2, 2023|
|15||August 11, 2023||August 16, 2023|
|16||August 25, 2023||August 30, 2023|
|17||September 8, 2023||September 13, 2023|
|18||September 22, 2023||September 27, 2023|
The Greater Commonwealth Virtual School will provide an enrollment preference to:
- Students who are unable to attend school in person because of the student’s medical condition
- Students who are out of school due to bullying or other safety concerns
- Students with disabilities
- Students out of school due to pregnancy or parenting
- Students who seek advanced coursework not available in their current school
- Students in training for competitive arts or sports whose schedules prevent them from attending school regularly
- Students of currently enrolled siblings