What is Greater Commonwealth Virtual School?
Greater Commonwealth Virtual School (GCVS) is a virtual/online school. Currently serving over 1,200 students, we are a tuition-free public school of choice for all kindergarten through 12th-grade students in Massachusetts.
Many students need an environment that is accessible and flexible. That’s where we come in. We give our students and their families choices.
Between live classroom-based lessons and personalized asynchronous classrooms, online school at GCVS gives students the flexibility to learn however works best for them.
Our Students Reap the Benefits
By empowering our educators to tailor learning experiences to each student’s strengths, interests, and challenges, every student receives a personalized online learning experience customized specifically for them. And the results are amazing!
We have redefined the way students and teachers engage through innovative technology while ensuring students master the competencies embedded in a rigorous curriculum.
What We Offer
Our online school curriculum is a high-quality alternative to homeschooling that aligns with Massachusetts state standards, encouraging critical thinking and teaching essential knowledge.
- Online elementary, middle, and high school programs with both flexible and classroom-based options
- Transparent communication from school to home—and back again
- A learning platform that works on mobile and laptop devices
- Necessary knowledge and skills taught by state-certified teachers
- Free online and offline curriculum resources
- Free loaner Chromebook for students while they are enrolled